Our sailing season runs from Easter through to October and every Thursday and Saturday we run our Sailing Club
- Anyone aged 8-19 can come along and sail with Horizons!
- Just turn up at our hut in Mayflower Marina and sign in.
Thursday: 4.30 pm – 7.00 pm Saturday: 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
You will need to fill in a form which you can download: Sailing Club Membership Form.
(It would be helpful if you could bring this along already filled-in.)
You can print off this New Member Information leaflet before your first session.
- We make a nominal charge of £1 per session – but we’re happy if you want to give more!
- Newcomers start off in a Hawk 20 with a qualified Skipper and up to six cadets. They can learn the basics then be paired up with a more experienced cadet on a Pico – and eventually get to sail their own boat!
- Sailing is always subject to suitable conditions (wind, tide and temperature) and we carefully monitor a cadet’s skill level so that they always sailing within their capability – and our powerful Safety Boats are always nearby.
- The most experienced cadets can take our larger Bahia and Vago boats for an exciting sail, learning new skills, using spinnakers and really challenging themselves.
During the school holidays we run weekly RYA Sailing courses, using our fleet of dinghies and keelboats. The courses cover the RYA dinghy sailing scheme, from absolute beginners all the way up to the more advanced techniques and Assistant Instructor awards.
These courses can support and extend the experience earned on the Thursday and Saturday sessions